Friends of the school
Who are we?
The Friends of Kettlewell School is a registered charity, established many years ago to organise fundraising events and provide practical support in a variety of ways. The Friends has an elected Chair, Debbi Hepworth and a dedicated committee who provide a valuable bridge between parents and the school.
What is our aim?
Our aim is to generate funds to enhance the experiences of every child attending Kettlewell School, from improving outdoor and sporting facilities to extending the range, and access pupils have, to the latest educational resources.
Where does the money raised go?
In recent years we have raised funds towards:
- The school library and lots of new books
- New laptops
- Gardening equipment and plants
- New shed to house outdoor equipment
- Decorating and new classroom blinds
- Guest speakers, artists and writers
- Subsidised trips and treats including the Easter egg hunt, Y6 leavers gifts and the Christmas Panto.
In addition to raising funds, The Friends provide practical help and support, including driving the school minibus, assisting on school trips and providing refreshments at school events.
What type of events/activities do we do?
In the last few years, the Friends have organised a variety of events including the following:
- Mothers Day Coffee Morning
- 100 Club Prize Draws
- Live Music afternoon
- 24 mile sponsored hike – twice!
- Easter egg hunt
- Christmas quiz & supper
- Christmas Fayre
- Kettlewell Scarecrow Festival – Children’s Trail
Interested in joining us?
Please contact one of our committee members or the school office who will direct your enquiry.
Chair – Debbi Hepworth
Secretary – Nicky White
Treasurer – Louise Close
Friends of Kettlewell is a registered charity. The group currently has an elected chair, Debi Hepworth, and a team of parents who work alongside the school; we organise and run fundraising events for the school community.